Facebook Messenger Marketing appeared on the scene about a year ago and although they haven’t been perfected by business and brands yet, there’s a huge opportunity for you as a business owner to include it into your marketing strategy, regardless of size and niche.
In this article, I’m going to give you an overview of Facebook Messenger marketing and share 5 Easy Strategies to Use Facebook Messenger marketing in Your Business.
Facebook Messenger Marketing and Bots: What Are They and Why Are They Important?
Usually, when people think about bots, the first thing that comes to mind is a robot to which you can talk and with which you can engage with. This is indeed the case with Facebook Messenger Marketing and Bots, but there are some additional components.
Simply put, chatbots like a Facebook Messenger Bot is a tool that allows you to interact with your audience in chat apps.
Yes, Facebook Messenger Bots are set up to follow a pre-determined set of rules, that you set up, but as the creator, you always have the possibility to take over and join the conversation without your customer noticing the difference.
The goal though in the end, you want your chatbot that combines most of your rules with artificial intelligence, so you won’t have to interrupt your sequences.
When most people think of how to use Facebook messenger, they lean more towards customer service. This is true, but there are much broader ways to use chatbots.
Think of news, sports, travel, retail, fun, games, etc., chatbots can be utilized across all genres that you use to engage with your customers.
At its core, what makes Facebook Messenger marketing and chatbots different than other forms of advertising, (i.e., television ads, e-mail, video, social media, etc.) is that it allows you to actually engage with your audience.
Most businesses are still using digital advertising like a radio or television commercial – simply blasting content towards their audience and the reality is marketing is shifting and Facebook Messenger Bots represent the holy grail of all your marketing efforts. You can truly make a connection with your audience.
Why Use Chat Bots?
On the training I'm hosting you'll see the response I get when I ask, how do you communicate with your friends, family, and co-workers?
Literally, everyone on the training will say, messaging apps (text message, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Skype, Whatsapp).
If the majority of people are communicating via messaging apps, shouldn’t your business also use messaging apps to engage and interact with your audience?
If the sheer attention factor on messaging apps isn’t enough to convince you that you should be communicating via chat apps, check out these stats:
- Messaging apps get 80 – 90% open rates because every time you send a message, your audience’s phone buzz and they check it instantly
- If designed well, chat are more fun to read than all of your other communications
- It’s still in its early stage, so unlike your Facebook fan page where it gets harder and harder to get any form of engagement without spending a lot of money or e-mail where you’re competing with thousands of e-mails sitting in your customer’s inbox, there aren’t a lot of business operating in this space. I actually had several of my friends share a screenshot of their inboxes.
- The 4 top messaging apps have surpassed the 4 top social media apps in terms of monthly daily active users
- Research done by App Annie shows that unless you’re above the age of 45, e-mail is used less than messaging apps
How to Find Facebook Messenger Bots?
If you’ve decided that Facebook Messenger Bots are important enough to be added to your marketing strategy, you may consider connecting with me to schedule a demo on how you can use Facebook Messenger Bots in your business.
Additionally, before moving forward, you want to also see how other businesses are using them. You can check out my bot here.
The easiest way to find Facebook Messenger Bots is by searching from within the Messenger app. Simply type a business into the search bar at the top of Messenger.
Video: How To Find Facebook Messenger Bots?
You can also access Facebook Messenger bots by scanning a business’ Messenger Code by click on a Messenger Link – custom URLs that deep link back to message threads within Messenger.
5 Easy Strategies To Use Facebook Messenger Marketing in Business
In the infamous words of Gary Vaynerchuck,
This is appropriate as we talk about the 5 easy strategies for using Facebook Messenger Marketing in Business.
Many marketers will use this tool and think, this is just like traditional advertising, let me just promote and sell all the time.
Newsflash: Traditional advertising doesn’t work on social media.
Here are the 5 Strategies You MUST incorporate in your Facebook Messenger Bots:
- Provide Education and Value (aka teach)
- It is my belief that Facebook Messenger Bots should serve as an extension of your businesses’ content marketing strategy. Your goal should be to nurture relationships with your prospective customers and current customers and provide them immediate value without any work on their part.
- When you’re focused on provided content to your audience, keep these practices in mind:
- Treat your Facebook Messenger Bot like content marketing. Selling should not be your primary objective. EDUCATION should be.
- Give people a way to contact you if they need additional help or have questions
- Build a strong bond and relationship
- Facebook Messenger Bots are a great way to increase engagement and interaction with your audience.
- You can do so by sharing different types of content with them, include: games, jokes, useful tips, guides, reminders, industry news, etc.
- Share Special Services and Promotions
- You can use your Facebook Messenger app to assist customers with a range of automated services.
- An effective app may allow users to make changes to an account, update billing information, change their e-mail address and other personal details, manage and view new and previous orders, request a meeting or consultation.
- For example, with my bot, you can actually speak to a human and or schedule a demo.
- Allowing users to manage their information through Facebook Messenger Bots rather than using traditional methods is a great way to conserve valuable resources
- Provide Information, FAQ’s, and Customer Support
- For small companies, startups and home-based business owners, managing and allocating resources properly is the key to success.
- If you receive the same questions over and over, Facebook Messenger Bots can prove to be an effective solution to the problem.
- Your Facebook Messenger Bot will not only answer the same question, but it can also give your customers valuable information, such as hours of operation, a list of services and products, service areas, prices and stock availability, contact information, etc.
- Invite Your Audience To Purchase Products (Monetization)
- Setting up your Facebook Messenger Bot in a way that you provide value, build a relationship and rapport with your customers, sets you up to position your products and services in front of a highly targeted and qualified audience.
- One of the reasons e-commerce platforms have become so successful is because they allow customers to make purchase from the comfort of their homes.
- Facebook Messenger Bots go one step further, as they allow users to browse, view and purchase products and services, from the comfort of their Messager app.
- Your chatbot can take orders, eliminating the need for any additional steps. Consumers can view your products, read reviews, compare prices and purchase items directly through the app.
Tools for Creating Facebook Messenger Marketing Strategy
When you’re ready to create a Facebook Messenger Bot for your business, there are a number of easy to use chat bot builders that can help you, all of which do not require any tech skills or coding knowledge.
Hthe ere are tools that I recommend:
- Manychat is the tool that I’m currently using to build my bots. Manychat offers a Free and Pro version. With the Free version, you receive unlimited broadcasts, full analytics, tagging and much more.
- Chatfuel boasts that it can help you launch a chatbot in just 7 minutes and it’s free. Template cards make it easy to teach your chatbot what to say. It comes with full analytics.
- Botsfiy lets you create one chatbot for free. You’ll get free integrations, unlimited messages, and up to 100 bot users. Paid plans allow for more chatbots and bot users. Once your chatbot is up and running, you’ll get access to analytics.
Final Thoughts on Facebook Messenger Marketing
Facebook Messenger Bots have soared in popularity. They can deliver automated responses to users who contact you through Messenger and can be used for a wide array of purposes, including education, customer support, and eventually generating revenue.
Ready to get started with your own Facebook Messenger Marketing strategy and chatbot? Check Out My Bot Here and Let’s See How I Might Be Able To Assist
Discover a Breakthrough Mobile Technology That Qualifies Prospects Instantly
Learn How To Enroll 3 – 5 People Per Week Into Your Network Marketing Business Using Facebook Messenger Marketing Without Prospecting A Single Person?
Did you get value out of 5 Easy Strategies To Use Facebook Messenger Marketing in Business? Leave a comment below and share it with your friends on Facebook.
Considering Coaching? Check Out My Work With Me Tab Where I Help People Everyday.